Starting on October 1st, participating in our events is only possible if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or recovered (“2G rule”).
As proof we can only accept the COVID vaccination certificate of the EU or the COVID recovery certificate of the EU. You must present the certificate at the checkin in paper form or in the digital version on your cell phone together with a photo ID for verification.
The EU vaccination certificate is issued free of charge as a paper printout at any pharmacy and can then also be stored digitally, e.g. in the Corona Warn app. We are not allowed to accept other proofs (yellow vaccination card, individual recovery proofs or similar) nor negative tests.
For Non-EU-Citizens we will accept any similar certificate from the country of origin.
Prior registration for events is still required and can be done via our website or Quälgeist app.
What will change for guests to our events?
By switching to the 2G rule, we can adapt our hygiene concept. We get a little more possibilities for events, for example:
- The mask requirement after check-in and the distance requirement no longer apply
- The limitation of the number of visitors is suspended
- We have to survey additionally if someone is vaccinated or recovered
Why did we decide to make the switch?
At our Monthly Membership Meeting (MoM), the association members voted almost unanimously to implement the 2G rule. The following arguments have been discussed:
- A large part of our community is vaccinated:
At many events, more than 95% of all guests were vaccinated. We want to offer them some more normality
- Repeal of strict spacing rules and thus allowing more interaction between guests
- Relieving the burden on our volunteer members behind the bar or at the cash register, e.g. by dismissing the mask requirement or use of standardized proofs at check-in
- A step towards normality